In order to grow together and to take on the challenges of tomorrow, we are looking for you for our location in Manchester, UK
We are empowering independece.
For our customers through our battery technologies. Our employees benefit from more perspective. As a traditional company, VARTA offers you a secure job in a strong community. And as a technology-leading global brand, VARTA gives you creative freedom in exciting projects and tasks in the future market of innovative energy solutions.
- Manage existing key accounts, to grow and develop sales and profitability
- Develop a clear strategy and action plan to target new business opportunities
- Contribute to the development of the division's yearly sales plan and trading strategies
- To instigate and exploit all profitable opportunities as approved internall
- Ensure all appropriate departments internally understand the customer's critical success factors
- To provide input and achievement of key brand, category and divisional objectives
- To formulate and present to the division an account specific business plan, including strategic and operational objectives, to obtain both internal approval and customer alignment
- Monitor and re-evaluate sales forecast and trade expenditure budget as required to attain budgeted contribution levels, including monthly update with the Managing Director
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts, as well as account expenditure forecast
- To assist in development of the Sales function as a whole through shared learning
- To create clear partnership with nominated customers in terms of Strategic Alliance Category Management, Supply and Logistics
Skills and Experience
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in account management and new business development
- You will have the ability to target new accounts and grow existing accounts, build effective relationships with the existing account base and execute the POS and promotions.
- Previous success of developing new business from existing customers
- Have excellent communication skills, and be able to provide technical knowledge on products
- Applicants should have extensive previous B2B & B2C selling experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Customer engagement at all levels, experience building relationships within key accounts
- Gravitas to influence and manage stakeholders at all levels
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, using data to provide insight
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Reasonable experience in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Be open, creative and team-oriented with an operational hands-on approach motivated and self-reliant with the ability to learn quickly
- Prioritise and manage workloads to achieve deadlines whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work at all times
- Structured, organised, analytical, detail oriented, able to multitask as well as being creative
- Able to work under pressure and in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Have a Business Degree / Diploma or a related field
- Full Driving License
- Company Car
- Annual Bonus
- Company Pension
- Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday not including bank holiday
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV to us direct.