In order to grow together and to take on the challenges of tomorrow, we are looking for you for our location in Manchester, UK
UK Sales & Marketing Assistant
We are empowering independence.
For our customers through our battery technologies. Our employees benefit from more perspective. As a traditional company, VARTA offers you a secure job in a strong community. And as a technology-leading global brand, VARTA gives you creative freedom in exciting projects and tasks in the future market of innovative energy solutions.
- Assist in implementing and launching key products into the UK market to include:
- creating range review presentations
- organising samples
- organising and managing product data for accounts
- product training for key accounts
- assisting with the development of account planograms
- organizing and managing trade demonstrations
- assisting with trade conferences
- Marketing Support:
- Assist the Trade Marketing Manager to execute PR & advertising activities with external agencies
- Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing management of trade marketing material and images e.g. showcards, banners, FSDU’s etc.
- On-line channel support for specific trade account e-commerce sites
- Fully responsible for the UK Social Media channel. Activities include coordinating and implementing the monthly Facebook calendar, providing quarterly analysis that shows spend against results measured in terms of engagement and reach.
- Manage the UK email programme and provide reports measuring open / bounce rates.
- Analysis of sales and market data – i.e. inputting, formatting, and analysing information on the UK, and creating presentations to be used for internal & external presentations
- Liaise with external suppliers to arrange UK specific marketing content (E.g. Research companies, POS Suppliers etc.)
- Responsible for planning, implementing and managing events, exhibitions and trade shows
- Liaise with CatMan team on category and planogram recommendation
- Work with Design team from Central Marketing to produce marketing assets for the UK market; provide content creation and mock up images if needed.
- Be well integrated with the Central Marketing Team to align approaches and synergies on specific strategic activities
- Coordinate with the Central Marketing Team to localise the UK website
- Manage consumer / supplier / partnership enquiries through the company website and UK Facebook page
- Occasionally check the copywriting provided by the Central Marketing Team in Germany
- Help maintain the samples room to ensure a proper storage, organisation and handling of all samples
- Sales Support
- Provide full administration support on the generation of various trade documentation. E.g. Product Spec Sheets, Data Sheet, New Line Forms, Content Forms, Due Diligence Forms, NPD Forms etc.
- Frequent store audits to implement merchandising initiatives and analyse competitor activity
- Update the pricelist and promotion tracker files on a regular basis
- Send out product replacement and sales samples
- Any prospecting support if needed
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working within a consumer products marketing department
- Experience of working within trade marketing / with retailers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Happy to work on own initiative
- Proactive and positive
- Good attention to detail essential
- Good analytical skills
- Good time management skills essential
- Excellent presentation skills (excellent PowerPoint skills)
- Competence at working with data and spread sheets
- Basic design skills (e.g. Adobe software)
- Basic video production skills would be a plus
- Full Driving License
- Annual Bonus
- Company Pension
- Medical and dental insurance
- 25 days holiday not including bank holiday
- Flexible work schedules
- New staff welcome pack
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV to us direct.